It just feels really weird spending chinese new year in Singapore. I don't feel any festivity. Every year since I can remember I've been spending chinese new year in Malaysia. Without fail, it'll be a mad rush to get new year clothes and goodies for relatives and then rush up to Malaysia, we were so used to it that we'll only start packing the day before. It was the same fun every year. Stopping in Malacca for lunch and then reaching Klang at about 4 before checking into Crystal Crown. Taking all the same roads and feeling so excited about seeing cousins. Then it'll be lots of mahjong and playing cards and interesting conversations and of course who can't forget about taking care of the little ones. Staying at grandpa's house until 2am playing mahjong while greg nags for us to get back earlier. Nagging Eddie to bring us for shopping and sneaking off without telling the younger kiddos. Eating the same ole stuff for breakfast at the hotel and not forgetting fireworks going off late into the night. Will all that ever be the same? Will that festivity still last? It's just boring here. There's really nothing much to do. Mahjong at Grandma's isn't the same. Sure Aunty Maria's place is really crowded and noisy, but the people aren't the same. I never thought I'll say this but I really really miss Malaysia. Sometimes I always complain about having to go up to Malaysia and now when I don't have to, its horrid.
Anyway, Happy Chinese New Year.
Will I still be your little angel?